This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgrade tinypilot from Git
Hello everybody.
I'm trying to upgrade 0.12 tinypilot (2019/12/21 image) to latest on Git.
I launch the commands given on wiki:

cd

mkdir delete
cd delete
git clone git://github.com/pypilot/pypilot
git clone git://github.com/pypilot/pypilot_data
cp -rv pypilot_data/* pypilot
cd pypilot
python setup.py build
sudo python setup.py install
cd
sudo rm -rf delete

Everything seems fine but when I reboot it (apparently?) reverts to 0.12

Tried with filetool.sh -b but problem persists.
Any hint?
Thanks, bye
tinypilot runs completely from ram so any changes you make are temporary

to update tinypilot it needs a tcz package for pypilot so instead of:
python setup.py build

Use:
. pypilot.build

You don't need filetool.sh unless you modify boot scripts or a few other things.
(2020-01-28, 01:11 AM)seandepagnier Wrote: tinypilot runs completely from ram so any changes you make are temporary

to update tinypilot it needs a tcz package for pypilot so instead of:
python setup.py build

Use:
. pypilot.build

You don't need filetool.sh unless you modify boot scripts or a few other things.

Thanks Sean
Hello

I tried to update my tinypilot ver 0.12 with ssh git.
to version 0.16.

is this possible or is the difference to great ?

the end result showed the sailboat with ver 0.12.
and no further action

login on ssh was possible

also you mentioned a different procedure then stated in the wiki.

i tried to change the wiki ,and this was possible ?
without password ?

is this okay ?
A variation is to run the git commands on another pi, e.g. openplotter, and then remotely install it on the tinypilot machine. This might be a solution for those who would encounter problems running git on the the tinypilot machine.
(2020-05-07, 08:35 PM)ironman Wrote: A variation is to run the git commands on another pi, e.g. openplotter, and then remotely install it on the tinypilot machine. This might be a solution for those who would encounter problems running git on the the tinypilot machine.

Thank you

i tried this but no succes
converting it back to the old version was new for me.
and it worked

is it possible to use a previous latest gitversion.
how can i do it
'No success' sounds rather sinister [emoji39] could you include any program output, or indicate what did it do that it did not do before? How do you test?
Thank you for the response

i included the build log.

this one is from using ssh.

the other method gave the same result.

the test method is

do i get a working nokia display or and a webserver

they did not work

Attached Files
.txt   build log pypilot.txt (Size: 52.29 KB / Downloads: 183)
Ok I chimed in because I thought the 'no success' referred to the remote variation. I have no experience with this particular update - failing or working. In your case I would reboot after the update, then check whether all pypilot services are working. The constituents of the pypilot on tinycore are implemented as services that are defined in the directory /etc/sv/ and started by /opt/bootlocal.sh. They all leave log files somewhere in /var/log. I'd bring down each service by hand and then start them up one by one in the same order as bootlocal.sh does, checking the logging. If the logging of one of them is suspect, like non-existng or carrying errors, post them here.
As i already mentioned earlier the upgrade through git does not work out of the box because Sean changed some service names after creating the last tcz image in 12/19.
So after upgrading you need to edit the tcz image with the correct service names to autostart them.

Best would be to create a fresh new tcz image, i am  not so much into tcl, so perhabs  soneone else could do it.

Cheers

Christian