This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Wifi Question - apologies in advance
All:  I am working on updating my RasPi onboard computer.

I have RasPi 3 that is attached to a nice 10.1" touchscreen.  I am using OpenPlotter 1.2 currently.  I have several RasPi 4's around, but the screen I have works better with the older version.  Also of note, I have plugged in a USB Wifi adapter as some note it provides a stronger signal.

I am working at home now, so I have a ethernet connection as well.

Here is my question:

I can't seem to get my RasPi to create the access point.  Using the OpenPlotter Network settings, I have defined these settings:

Network Mode:   RPi3:  AP + client
Sharing Internet Device:  wlan0            [when I select wlan1, I get an error when I click 'Apply']
Access point:  openplotter                    [I have updated the password]
Channel:  6   

So I click apply and it tells me to reboot, so I do.

After the reboot, I have an Internet connection through Ethernet.  However, when I use my phone to try to sign into the AP wifi, it doesn't appear.

As another point of information, I have successfully 'logged-in' to the RasPi through VNC, but that's through my home network (192.168.xxx) not wifi.

Anyway, I am sure many of you can see where I have gone wrong...

Many thanks.