This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VNH2SP30 motor driver issue
Hello Sean and everyone, 

I am attempting to use the Monster Moto Shield as my motor driver with an Arduino Uno. Wired everything up, powered up and my motor won't budge, even with a PWM of 100%. 
Pulled DMM to measure 0.54V in one direction and 1.84V in the other on the output pins.
Then took out the motor and again DMM: 1.84V in both directions.
Input is a healthy 12.4V lead acid battery. Any idea as to what might be going on ? 

Thank you
you need to post this in the pypilot sub forum
(2020-02-12, 12:30 PM)jim321 Wrote: you need to post this in the pypilot sub forum

Oh, right. Sorry, I have not realized this was the OpenPlotter subforum.
Anyway, I have switched to the other onboard VNH2SP30 chip and this one is working fine. So, case closed; feel free to delete / move this topic to where it belongs.

Best regards
Multiple reports on “dead on arrival” of these boards... Glad you had a replacement already.
(2020-02-12, 07:52 PM)McNugget Wrote: Multiple reports on “dead on arrival” of these boards... Glad you had a replacement already.

Yeah.  I bought two VNH2SP30 boards from different suppliers, both faulty.  Then I bought a few VNH5019 boards and haven't had a problem.