This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dmesg warning: "w1_master_driver w1_bus_master_1"
Hi everyone,
I've got a dmesg error on an OP RPi set up. It shows up every 20 to 60 seconds. It looks like this:

[ 3449.967535] w1_master_driver w1_bus_master1: Attaching one wire slave 00.420000000000 crc fa
[ 3449.973480] w1_master_driver w1_bus_master1: Family 0 for 00.420000000000.fa is not registered.
[ 3501.926482] w1_master_driver w1_bus_master1: Attaching one wire slave 00.c20000000000 crc 76
[ 3501.932354] w1_master_driver w1_bus_master1: Family 0 for 00.c20000000000.76 is not registered.

Because this concerns a wire-1 error,  I'm guessing it's Pypilot related.

The OP box is an RPi3B+ running a fully updated version 1.2.0alpha release. It has a dAISy AIS hat, and that hat, in turn, has an MPU9255 installed on its i2c bus. Other usb devices plugged in are a GPS puck, and an RS485 serial adapter for NMEA0183 out.

I don't recall seeing this before in any of my work setting the box up. My web searches haven't helped. The system does run an instance of Pypilot with that MPU, but no motor controller. (I hope to be able to forward its data to a wifi connected TinyPilot we use, but that project is down the road for now)

(I don't think it's connected, but I should mention that just prior to seeing this I was tinkering in dnsmasq.conf, and dhcpd.conf. That's caused another problem, but I'll post on that separately.)

So,
1. Where is this message coming from?
2. Is this notice important. Should I be concerned about it? If so, what is the correction?

Thanks for thinking about this!

Elliott
1) I don't know
2) I don't think so.
do you have a 1wire sensor or old configs from one. is it activated in RPIconfig.
(2020-02-13, 02:59 AM)ddelorme Wrote: do you have a 1wire sensor or old configs from one. is it activated in RPIconfig.

There's no 1wire sensor in the mix (nothing directly wired to or mounted on it). The only active temp sensor on the boat is the data from the mcu, and that reports to a different system; the TinyPilot at the helm. That temp data is streamed to the OpenPlotter box via network.  So, simple answer, no.

I'll take a look at the RPi config next time I'm at the boat. I don't recall a mention of w1 or 1-wire in there.

Can you tell me a path to the appropriate conf file?

Elliott
look in /boot/config.txt or use Raspberry pi config from the applications/preferences
(2020-02-13, 03:24 PM)ddelorme Wrote: look in /boot/config.txt  or use Raspberry pi config from the applications/preferences

I got out to the boat yesterday, and looked into RaspPi config. There I disabled '1-wire'.  The messages went away.

That was simple.   I don't think it will have any effect on my system, until or unless I specifically configure a 1-wire device.

Thanks for the suggestion.