This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
tinypilot on RPI3
HI

I try to run the tiny pilot image on a RPI3B. Doesn't work, doesn't start. Files on SD seems readable and so on. 
Whats wrong? Any modifications that needs to be made before running on a RPI3B?

best wishes
I just tried tinypilot on a 3b+ and it works. Which image? Does the same sd card work in a zero?
(2020-02-16, 04:46 PM)seandepagnier Wrote: I just tried tinypilot on a 3b+ and it works.   Which image?  Does the same sd card work in a zero?

Ive tried both tinypilot_21122019.img and tinypilot_28062019.img
None of them is working on RPI3B+. Have no zero to test on. This SD could be bad in some way, but it's readable...
Tinypilot works on RP2+ and 3+. one thing I noticed that I had to use a Wifi dongle. I could be wrong that if was a Raspberry 2 could also have been with the RP1  not sure anymore. When it didn't start plugged the WIFI dongle into the usb slot and the raspberry booted. ( I have a the complete serie 1,2,3 and 4.

Tinypilot works on RP2+ and 3+. one thing I noticed that I had to use a Wifi dongle. I could be wrong that if was a Raspberry 2 could also been with the RP1  not sure anymore. When it didn't start plugged the WIFI dongle into the usb slot and the raspberry booted. ( I have a the complete serie 1,2,3 and 4.
I'm looking to do a complete upgrade of tinypilot in a few months which will support the pi4 as well which should fix this.
I´m runing Tinypilot IMG21122019 on an RPI 3b+ with no problems.
Greetings
Andreas
(2020-02-17, 07:04 PM)xfactor99 Wrote: I´m runing Tinypilot IMG21122019 on an RPI 3b+ with no problems.
Greetings
Andreas

Good to hear.

1. unpack
2. burn .img to SD
3. put SD into RPI3B+
4. start RPI

and then? some step Ive missed? Monitor shows just the color screen. No access point is going up from RPI.

best wishes

Ola
can the same sd card boot a different pi? Does the same pi work with openplotter image?

Are there two versions of the 3b+?

Can you try a different raspberry pi?
(2020-02-18, 03:43 PM)Ola_H Wrote:
(2020-02-17, 07:04 PM)xfactor99 Wrote: I´m runing Tinypilot IMG21122019 on an RPI 3b+ with no problems.
Greetings
Andreas

Good to hear.

1. unpack
2. burn .img to SD
3. put SD into RPI3B+
4. start RPI

and then? some step Ive missed? Monitor shows just the color screen. No access point is going up from RPI.

best wishes

Ola

Hi Ola,
the TP is headless, so I don´t know if a Monitor is suported. An AccessPoint with the SSID "Pypilot" should comming up ...
Mayby you try to unplug anything except the power cable on the RPI 3b+....
What computer and programm you use to burn the image ?
Good luck
Andreas