This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VNC with Vinagre on Linux only with VNC password
Bug 
I'm not sure weather it's a bug or my stupidity. It was my first time with VNC on Openplotter2 and I had problems with my Linux machines (Xubuntu on X64 and Manjaro on ARM64) to connect to VNC with the Vinagre App as in Documentation recomended.

I could connect from the Xubuntu machine with the realcnv.com cnv viewer.

After I changed the authentication from unix password to VNC-Passwort in the VNC Server App on Openplotter2 I could directly connect to it via vinagre.

Just an Info for anybody else hanging on this point...

If it's a real bug and needs some reproduction, just tell, i can test ist with linux systems...

edit: Btw I was comming from a "basic" install and not the headless image
edit2: I could reprouduce it with a clean install of a headless image...