This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] Updates repeating
Is anyone else seeing the latest batch of OpenPlotter updates coming up over and over? I did the updates, and they are there, but the same updates come up next time I do apt get update.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk
Hi AB,

yes, the same here. It is not really a problem. Only that my beta of OpenCPN with SignalK support is degraded to version 5.00.

I have to reinstall the beta version.

Bram
Yes, this a known problem that is getting me crazy. It is not critical but it is annoying.

My hypothesis is that the system is not able to read the changelog files of the debian packages and is always asking for the remote packages even having the same version. This is not affecting non python packages like openplotter-doc and canboat.

But changelog files are there and have the right permissions (/usr/share/doc/openplotter-serial/changelog.Debian.gz), mysterious...

Any Debian expert??
With other updates I see apt -listchanges at the end of the file update. I don't see this with the OpenPlotter updates. Perhaps the server looks at the name or the date of the present file. If the file is older then update sequence is started. It is only an idea what happens.
verkerkbr, where are you getting beta versions of OpenCPN? Are you compiling them yourself?
Hi Abarrow,

Dan Dincky follows the beta from Dave Register and compile these for use on a RPI:

https://cloudsmith.io/~dan-dickey/repos/.../packages/

Take the Buster version.

These versions have direct input of SignalK in OpenCPN.

Regards,

Bram

Before you update one of these version, you have to remove the former version first.
This has been fixed in openplotter-settings 2.1.0