This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Solved] SignalK - err_connection_refused
Had a MAJOR issue yesterday where Sailoog helped me out. After experimenting with pypilot and NMEA 0183, I took my RPI home for further test on other stuff. As I HADN*T turned OFF Autopilot in the Pypilot module setting, it kept creating error messages for IMU and NMEA 0183 data. A lot of them - in the northward end of 20GB. In addition, this little joker:
 "# set PATH so it includes user's private bin if it exists
if [ -d "$HOME/bin" ] ; then
    PATH="$HOME/bin:$PATH"
fi 
had multiplied itself into my .profile file, so when I logged on - my Pi accepted my pw ----- and returned to ask me for my pw....

With all that resolved I bang my head into the the next problem- Signal K. When I try to open it I get err_connection_refused after a loooong time. I have now disabled and removed all NMEA 0183 stuff, shut down pypilot, and ensured through system check that Signal K is in fact running. 

So now I need y'alls help to get on. Where do I go now? based on this: http://forum.openmarine.net/showthread.php?tid=512 I suspect it has to do with my previous NMEA 0183 ventures...

//Ranur

Edit: Made some progress, but now I'm really in over my head

On latest openplotter-pypilot version we removed any pypilot output to log files because we realized that under some circumstances this could happen. You should have running an old version, update.

Some important files of your SK server should be damaged. Is there any message in log files about SK?
Try to re-install SK server from the latest openplotter-signalk-installer app but BE CAREFUL because you will lose any sk server setting. Make a copy of your node-red flows or any important file inside /home/pi/.signalk folder.
(2020-02-25, 03:17 PM)Sailoog Wrote: On latest openplotter-pypilot version we removed any pypilot output to log files because we realized that under some circumstances this could happen. You should have running an old version, update.

Some important files of your SK server should be damaged. Is there any message in log files about SK?
Try to re-install SK server from the latest openplotter-signalk-installer app but BE CAREFUL because you will lose any sk server setting. Make a copy of your node-red flows or any important file inside /home/pi/.signalk folder.

Seems like it's working. I had the second last version. Now rebuilding. AND getting a reminder to ensure backup... :-D Thanks for assistance Sailoog!