This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ethernet & wifi trouble
Ciao to all, I am new to the forum, I tried to search for some topic but I did not find anything that would solve my problem.

My Pi 4 is connected to the on-board ethernet network (via the B&G router) and correctly receives NMEA data. it is also connected to the marina's wifi network but does not go on the internet.
If I try to connect the Pi to the PC with a network cable, the internet works correctly (the PC is not connected to marina's wifi).

Where am I wrong? Thank you all !

Francesco S/V Alter Ego
First thing to check is the routes that your PI has. Open a terminal and issue the command "route". Look for the networks and interfaces that your PI is using. The route 0.0.0.0 should be using the interface that is connected to your marina wifi.
~ $ route
Kernel IP routing table
Destination Gateway Genmask Flags Metric Ref Use Iface
default Navico.com 0.0.0.0 UG 202 0 0 eth0

...NO wlan... but I saw the thi Pi is connected...
A couple of things next:

ifconfig

then perhaps

traceroute 8.8.8.8

How sure are you that your wlan is actually connected to the marina wifi?
(2020-03-01, 03:29 PM)abarrow Wrote: A couple of things next:

ifconfig

then perhaps

traceroute 8.8.8.8

How sure are you that your wlan is actually connected to the marina wifi?

I wrote "ifconfig" and then "traceroute 8.8.8.8" but nothing...

I put the mouse on the wifi symbol (up on right) and read the connection and the IP address... 
But if I do this without on board ethernet connection all works good...

thank a lot!