This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Terminal command to restart sensors
In the GPIO tab within openplotter, there is a restart button.
I'd like to know if it is possible to do exactly the same with a terminal command like the one I am doing for SignalK
Code:
sudo systemctl restart signalk.service

Openplotter doesn't seem to be a systemctl service, and I don't want to restart the entire openplotter bootup sequence, just the sensors.

I am mapping a gpio button to reset some services on a headless system, don't want to reboot the entire system or log-in through vnc, open openplotter and then restart the service that is giving me trouble.

In the openplotter code I see that this command is assigned to the restart buttons:
Code:
self.reset_sensors

Realizing this is Python code the way to go ahead is probably to call a python script that restarts the sensors.
I don't know how such a script would look like standalone, hope someone can help.

Kind regards,

Jamos