This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
victron batery monitor BMV601S to signal-K
Hi Guys,

I have a Victron BMV601S and want to have the data like voltage and stae of charge etc in to signal-k so it can be displayed.
I found on the internet the pinout of the serial port and i got the serial data in the raspberry pi witt gtk.

How do i get open plotter to read the usb port and transfer the data in signal-K ?

The data is pretty straight forward, it are fixed items and the value behind that changes.
If some one could give me the code for one item i can figure out the rest ill gues.

regards,
Sprokkie
Hi, one possibilty is via node-red. It is installed under openplotter 0.9.0 alpha. go to you browser on the pi and open Node-red. Here you can create an new flow with as input an USB/serial interface. you can easily make an output with node-red dashboard. It should be possible to create an output in Signal-K format.