This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Error in the kplex-APP / No output
(2020-07-11, 08:56 PM)tkurki Wrote:
(2020-05-28, 05:45 PM)we9v Wrote: Signal K logging to hourly files is "sub-optimal".

Just curious: what would be ”optimal”?

One file that is appended to, containing just NMEA sentences and no extra stuff.  Ya know, exactly like what was available via Kplex.  When doing a multi-day passage (or race, in my case), I don't want to have to join together, or separately process, 50 hourly files.

I was at the boat today and, without knowing much about Node Red, was able to very quickly do a sketch, per PaddyB's suggestion (thanks).  It seems there is some additional information at the beginning of most sentences (not all), before the actual NMEA sentences ($XXYYY aa,b,cc,d etc).

So this may work, especially if I can filter out the extraneous information before the NMEA sentence begins.  But why is kplex "available", yet it doesn't work/function for anyone?  Maybe instead of teasing us who have used it before, it should simply be removed and stated that it will never be supported.  And follow that up with some suggested alternatives, such as the ones that have recently been suggested (thanks again).

Messages In This Thread
Error in the kplex-APP / No output - by Luckbert - 2020-03-10, 02:22 PM
RE: Error in the kplex-APP / No output - by we9v - 2020-05-28, 05:45 PM
Error in the kplex-APP / No output - by tkurki - 2020-07-11, 08:56 PM
RE: Error in the kplex-APP / No output - by we9v - 2020-07-12, 02:16 AM
Error in the kplex-APP / No output - by tkurki - 2020-07-12, 11:51 AM
Error in the kplex-APP / No output - by tkurki - 2020-07-12, 09:53 PM
RE: Error in the kplex-APP / No output - by we9v - 2020-07-15, 06:37 PM