This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Error in the kplex-APP / No output
Hello, everybody, 
The Kplex app does not work for me as it should or I do not understand the error message. 

The following message is displayed:
"Closing Kplex
Mar 10 14:04:45 openplotter kplex [6465]: No Inputs!
Error: Can't restart Kplex"

I do not understand this message. I've set inputs and according to the diagnostic, data is arriving. But this data will not be passed on. Neither internally nor in the LAN nor over the Inet. 
In the pictures you can see my settings. 
Greetings Jürgen

Angel  Entschuldigung für mein Englisch. Es ist "deepl.com english"
PN bitte auf german.  Big Grin
(2020-03-10, 02:22 PM)Luckbert Wrote: Hello, everybody, 
The Kplex app does not work for me as it should or I do not understand the error message. 

"Closing Kplex

I do not understand this message. I've set inputs and according to the diagnostic, data is arriving. But this data will not be passed on. Neither internally nor in the LAN nor over the Inet. 
Greetings Jürgen

Hi,
I have exactly the same problem. Latest versions of all apps up to 2020-03-11
Cheers,
Pär W
(2020-03-12, 02:29 PM)Celestine Wrote:
(2020-03-10, 02:22 PM)Luckbert Wrote: Hello, everybody, 

"Closing Kplex

Greetings Jürgen

Hi,
I have exactly the same problem. Latest versions of all apps up to 2020-03-11
Cheers,
Pär W

Same problem here as of 2020-05-28.  I do understand there's push for everyone to use Signal K for every application, but the simple logging of 0183 data to a large flat file for later processing in Excel and Minitab is desired, as InfluxDB/Grafana do not have identical capabilities.  Kplex had this simple ability.  Signal K logging to hourly files is "sub-optimal".
I have the same error, I can't setup the connection to SignalK because of this. I use this connection for AIS data, and cannot get it to Freeboard app in SignalK now. The strange thing is, it does work for OpenCPN on port 10110, but SignalK doesn not in any way receive the AIS data.

When performing diagnostic on the Kplex connections, AIS sentences are depicted, but it seems there is something wrong with the output.
Anyway, I am receiving the same error. It looks like the connections are not starting, when adding the connection (tried varying with other ports) it refuses the connection in SignalK with TCP. And when doing it with UDP it does not refuse, but does not receive any deltas/second.

I've also asked at Github at the SDR VHF repository, what the rtl_ais process does. Maybe this already sends something to port 10110 bypassing kplex.
However, having a signalk output managed from kplex would be nice if it works.
(2020-05-28, 05:45 PM)we9v Wrote: Same problem here as of 2020-05-28.  I do understand there's push for everyone to use Signal K for every application, but the simple logging of 0183 data to a large flat file for later processing in Excel and Minitab is desired, as InfluxDB/Grafana do not have identical capabilities.  Kplex had this simple ability.  Signal K logging to hourly files is "sub-optimal".

Simple in node red to save nmea to a file, no need to get involved with kplex.
(2020-07-11, 02:43 PM)PaddyB Wrote:
(2020-05-28, 05:45 PM)we9v Wrote: Same problem here as of 2020-05-28.  I do understand there's push for everyone to use Signal K for every application, but the simple logging of 0183 data to a large flat file for later processing in Excel and Minitab is desired, as InfluxDB/Grafana do not have identical capabilities.  Kplex had this simple ability.  Signal K logging to hourly files is "sub-optimal".

Simple in node red to save nmea to a file, no need to get involved with kplex.

Interesting, can somehow in NodeRed my AIS data be forwarded to SignalK?

- incoming read UDP connection string or buffer from 10110
- forward to Signalk UDP 30330
- Add connection in SignalK to read the forwarded data from NodeRed?

Is this feasible?
(2020-05-28, 05:45 PM)we9v Wrote: Signal K logging to hourly files is "sub-optimal".

Just curious: what would be ”optimal”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(2020-07-11, 04:57 PM)jamos.tan@gmail.com Wrote: Interesting, can somehow in NodeRed my AIS data be forwarded to SignalK?

If you have nmea0183 ais data over udp why would you not add a connection for it in SK server? What do you need Node-RED for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(2020-07-11, 08:56 PM)tkurki Wrote:
(2020-05-28, 05:45 PM)we9v Wrote: Signal K logging to hourly files is "sub-optimal".

Just curious: what would be ”optimal”?

One file that is appended to, containing just NMEA sentences and no extra stuff.  Ya know, exactly like what was available via Kplex.  When doing a multi-day passage (or race, in my case), I don't want to have to join together, or separately process, 50 hourly files.

I was at the boat today and, without knowing much about Node Red, was able to very quickly do a sketch, per PaddyB's suggestion (thanks).  It seems there is some additional information at the beginning of most sentences (not all), before the actual NMEA sentences ($XXYYY aa,b,cc,d etc).

So this may work, especially if I can filter out the extraneous information before the NMEA sentence begins.  But why is kplex "available", yet it doesn't work/function for anyone?  Maybe instead of teasing us who have used it before, it should simply be removed and stated that it will never be supported.  And follow that up with some suggested alternatives, such as the ones that have recently been suggested (thanks again).
[quote pid='14794' dateline='1594497401']

(2020-07-11, 04:57 PM)jamos.tan@gmail.com Wrote: Interesting, can somehow in NodeRed my AIS data be forwarded to SignalK?

If you have nmea0183 ais data over udp why would you not add a connection for it in SK server? What do you need Node-RED for?

I've tried doing this with UDP, TCP, SignalK connection and none of them receive any deltas/second, when trying the TCP connection it says "connection refused" and the rest of the connection options just don't receive data. When looking at the data browser in SignalK the connection is not listed, i guess that's because there was no data found to begin with. I know the data is there because Kplex does see it, but SignalK doesn't. Eventually I want to have the AIS data in Freeboard. 

[/quote]
(2020-07-12, 08:39 AM)jamos.tan@gmail.com Wrote:

I've tried doing this with UDP, TCP, SignalK connection and none of them receive any deltas/second, when trying the TCP connection it says "connection refused" and the rest of the connection options just don't receive data. When looking at the data browser in SignalK the connection is not listed, i guess that's because there was no data found to begin with. I know the data is there because Kplex does see it, but SignalK doesn't. Eventually I want to have the AIS data in Freeboard. 

is the device sending the data connected to the openplotter network or another shared network? Should be sending to 10.10.10.1. not 192.168.*.*