This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Error in the kplex-APP / No output
Thanks for testing this! Much appreciated!

If I want OpenCPN to forward it to SignalK, OpenCPN would need to be open constantly. Having a few other processes running as well, it will eat too much RAM. I've tried numerous ports with Kplex (30330/40440/50550/etc.), but I just can't seem to get an outgoing connection running with Kplex. Also Kplex seems unstable in general, cannot be restarted and sometimes seems to "think" that no incoming connections are present, although they are clearly added in the GUI. I guess I have to bypass Kplex, and adjust SDR VHF somehow.

The SDR VHF plugin seems to generate the outgoing connection by itself, but cannot be picked up by SignalK (at least with port 10110 it seems), only with Kplex (sometimes, if it works) and with OpenCPN.

Maybe I can find and adjust the SDR VHF settings file and change the port manually, and then try to add it into SignalK.

Messages In This Thread
Error in the kplex-APP / No output - by Luckbert - 2020-03-10, 02:22 PM
RE: Error in the kplex-APP / No output - by we9v - 2020-05-28, 05:45 PM
Error in the kplex-APP / No output - by tkurki - 2020-07-11, 08:56 PM
RE: Error in the kplex-APP / No output - by we9v - 2020-07-12, 02:16 AM
Error in the kplex-APP / No output - by tkurki - 2020-07-12, 11:51 AM
RE: Error in the kplex-APP / No output - by jamos.tan@gmail.com - 2020-07-12, 07:18 PM
Error in the kplex-APP / No output - by tkurki - 2020-07-12, 09:53 PM
RE: Error in the kplex-APP / No output - by we9v - 2020-07-15, 06:37 PM