This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Error in the kplex-APP / No output
(2020-07-12, 09:53 PM)tkurki Wrote: Please try with only one active udp connection on the same port: OpenCPN, Signal K or kplex but not more than one at a time. Afaik they will not all work at the same time, at least SK will not open the port if another process has it open nor will it allow others access if SK has it open. Also different startup/restart orders will result in different results if you have multiple processes trying to access the same udp port.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've now configured it exactly as a working OP1 operating system, this means:

- Kplex system UDP in 10110
- Kplex signalk TCP out 30330
- NMEA 0183 TCP connection in SignalK port 10110
- OpenCPN TCP input 10110

The only exceptions are is that in my case SDR VHF starts the outgoing connection (unclear if UDP or TCP) so I had to disable all Kplex connections, and this is not on port 30330 but on port 10110.

Now SignalK accepts the connection, but instantly receives 500 and more deltas per second, and crashes not long after that. Having to disable the connection with sudo nano /home/pi/.signalk/settings.json and set the faulty connection to 'false'. Also, just to be sure I didn't have OpenCPN open at this moment.

I didn't have the opportunity to check the data browser because SignalK crashes, there are no other connections that might interfere with this port I can think of anymore.   Sad

----
Edit: I've managed to open the Data Browser and I see that AIS connection has exactly the same values as the OpGPS connection.
These probably conflict in some manner, will report soon.

---
Edit 2: Nope, the GPS connection is serial and added to GPSD. No port attached to it as I can see.
Will look further.

---
Edit 3: SDR VHF has port settings, when changing the port to 30330 a UDP outgoing connection is started and automatically an incoming UDP NMEA0183 connection is made in SignalK.
No delta's/second so no AIS data incoming in SignalK, but everything is still fine in OpenCPN.

I guess this doesn't have anything to do anymore with Kplex, but with either SDR VHF or SignalK. I'll bump this into the proper location, report it at Github issue.
The problem with Kplex however is still present, doesn't seem stable when adding / removing / restarting. When I have these problems again, I'll come back again. Sorry for straying offtopic, sometimes we just don't know what the causes of the problems are. Smile

Some new information:

When the SignalK connection UDP 30330 is running, OpenCPN receives AIS. Without it, it doesn't.
SignalK does seem to passthrough the data to OpenCPN, but this is not visible in the Data Browser.

Messages In This Thread
Error in the kplex-APP / No output - by Luckbert - 2020-03-10, 02:22 PM
RE: Error in the kplex-APP / No output - by we9v - 2020-05-28, 05:45 PM
Error in the kplex-APP / No output - by tkurki - 2020-07-11, 08:56 PM
RE: Error in the kplex-APP / No output - by we9v - 2020-07-12, 02:16 AM
Error in the kplex-APP / No output - by tkurki - 2020-07-12, 11:51 AM
Error in the kplex-APP / No output - by tkurki - 2020-07-12, 09:53 PM
RE: Error in the kplex-APP / No output - by jamos.tan@gmail.com - 2020-07-13, 10:45 AM
RE: Error in the kplex-APP / No output - by we9v - 2020-07-15, 06:37 PM