This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pb with I2c since V1.0.6
Hello,

We are now at version 2.1.0 of I2c for Openplotter and since version 2.06, the application does not open.
With the V:1.0.5, all worked fine!
When launching the command line program, I get the following error:
Error: Could not open file `/ dev / i2c-0 'or` / dev / i2c / 0': No such file or directory
I edited the file /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openplotterI2c/startup.py and changed the value '0' to '1' at line 53.
Unfortunately, that does not solve the problem because other errors are still there!
So let's hope that a next update will correct the situation !!
cordialy

kinefou
I encounter a similar problem. I just updated the Settings app to 2.2.3 (all other apps are up-to-date), and while the I2C sensors worked for a little while, they stopped feeding Signal-K after a couple of minutes. Restart Signal-K is no solution. Restarting the RPi-4 shows the Starting screen of OP, being stopped at "Checking I2C sensors...". See screenshot.

I have a BME and a MPU on I2C, worked very good until the update.

BTW: I'm impressed by the excellent work done sofar!

Attached Files Image(s)

That means you have some old settings not compatible.
Edit /home/pi/.openplotter/openplotter.conf and remove any setting under [I2C] tag.
Thank you very much for this tip.
The I2c application opens now correctly, but I still cannot configure my ms5611 there!
An idea?

Kinefou
Thanks for the quick reply.

It didn't quite solve the problem yet, though. Removing the I2C-app solved the problem of the stuck start-up screen (which is annoying, because it blocks all other screens; improvement suggestion to move this screen to a corner and make it smaller)
But then I don't have the sensors anymore. Reinstallation of the I2C-app re-created the problem.
I'm trying now different approaches, and update this post later

Update:
I installed Moitessier App, because that has I2C functionality as well, if I recall correctly, in an effort to pinpoint the problem. Now the start-up blocks on the checking of Moitessier HAT (which I don't have).

Update 2:
Uninstalled Moitessier, I2C and Pypilot. Deleted in .openplotter/openplotter.conf everything in the sections [I2C], [Pypilot] and [Moitessier], and deleted the connections in Signal K
Rebooted and start-up works, but still without I2C functionality (logically, because the apps are uninstalled).
Checked with i2cdetect -y 1, which only very slowly gave answer: address by address, instead of all addresses at once, and no address found at all!
I shut down the Pi completely (instead of rebooting it all the time), removed and replaced the sensors, and that did the trick. i2cdetect gave correct addresses.
Re-installed I2C and Pypilot apps, and it works again, including connections to Signal K.

Learnings: perhaps some bad wiring on my I2C bus? Or a temporary power problem on the bus?
(2020-03-16, 09:15 PM)kinefou Wrote: Thank you very much for this tip.
The I2c application opens now correctly, but I still cannot configure my ms5611 there!
An idea?

Kinefou

I2C app supports MS5607-02BA03 but we have never tested ms5611.
(2020-03-16, 10:10 PM)DanielGoedhuis Wrote: Thanks for the quick reply.

It didn't quite solve the problem yet, though. Removing the I2C-app solved the problem of the stuck start-up screen (which is annoying, because it blocks all other screens; improvement suggestion to move this screen to a corner and make it smaller)
But then I don't have the sensors anymore. Reinstallation of the I2C-app re-created the problem.
I'm trying now different approaches, and update this post later

Update:
I installed Moitessier App, because that has I2C functionality as well, if I recall correctly, in an effort to pinpoint the problem. Now the start-up blocks on the checking of Moitessier HAT (which I don't have).

Update 2:
Uninstalled Moitessier, I2C and Pypilot. Deleted in .openplotter/openplotter.conf everything in the sections [I2C], [Pypilot] and [Moitessier], and deleted the connections in Signal K
Rebooted and start-up works, but still without I2C functionality (logically, because the apps are uninstalled).
Checked with i2cdetect -y 1, which only very slowly gave answer: address by address, instead of all addresses at once, and no address found at all!
I shut down the Pi completely (instead of rebooting it all the time), removed and replaced the sensors, and that did the trick. i2cdetect gave correct addresses.
Re-installed I2C and Pypilot apps, and it works again, including connections to Signal K.

Learnings: perhaps some bad wiring on my I2C bus? Or a temporary power problem on the bus?

Who knows, bad wiring causes similar effects. Sometimes you also get paranormal effects when 2 programs try to read the same device.

thanks for reporting