This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
eth0 problem on Openplotter 0.9.0 and RPI3
Eth0 it is working properly, but while I can access and edit information of wlan0, it is not possible for eth0.
With Eth0 active if I click on the icon with the left button of the network manager he says: "Device not managed", if I click with right button on "Network Information" message appears: "Error displayng network information - no active connection found". If I click on "edit connection" does not appear eth0.
If I type ifconnect the configuration is correct.
Network is very difficult and has changed on many places in Raspbian in 2016.
It would be great if you could setup your access point and bridges with the network manager.
But you can't. So we use the old way. By doing this the network manager is disabled for these ports. It is every time disabled for the eth0.
The behavior of the eth0 is:
If bridge is disabled. It works as a dhcp client and supports the bonjour protocol.
If bridge is enabled. It works as a dhcp server with the same IP as the access point (10.10.10.1)

You can access a headless RPI everytime on eth0 with openplotter.local or 10.10.10.1 if there is a problem with the wlan (access point).
See also: https://sailoog.gitbooks.io/openplotter-...fi-ap.html