This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how to connect opencpn remote to openplotter
Hi

is it possible to "connect" opencpn on a remote device "in my case from a windows laptop"
to my openplotter and and also get the gps coordinates remote, i can see data on port 10110 but no data on port 2947 (gpsd) on my remote cpn, so i have some sprt of connection,
locally on the RPI4 i can see data on port 2947 and my boat is on the right spot, it is like port 2947 traffic is not getting out of the rpi4, i can connect remotly  to my Pi via VCN viewer, but not via opencpn alone, (GPS data) my boat is not in the right spot, but my pypilot plugin is connected on remote openvcn

anyone in here know how do fix this, 

PS. on port 10110 there is somke nmea data, but not enough to set my position right?

Regards Skagenin
Sounds like you are on the right track. You need to set up a connection in your remote OpenCPN that points to your OpenPlotter server (TCP, 10.10.10.1, 10110). That's basically the same port that the local instance of OpenCPN is using. If you don't feel that you are getting all the NMEA strings you need, have a look at the SignalK plugin "Convert Signal K to NMEA0183" and see that it's enabled, and the appropriate strings are checked.

GPSD shouldn't be necessary.
In the "Convert Signal K to NMEA0183" plugin the AIS related NMEA strings AIVDM, AIVDO are not available! why not?

Scenario: RPI4 - Moitessier hat2 (with AIS simualtion enabled for testing)
- local (rpi) Op5.0 shows AIS movements in northern Adriatic (BTW I am very grateful for this simulation function ITS GREAT FOR TESTING - thanks a lot!)
- OP 5.1 connected via Wlan on 10.10.10.1:10110 shows AIS movement
BUT
- Navionics connected to same wlan does not receive the AIS data, neither on port 10110 nor after further tests on port 2000

I suspect that issue is caused by SignalK not passing on the AIxxx messages.
Try configuring a UDP output port rather than the standard TCP port.