This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pypilot disconnected at startup - Steps toward troubleshooting?
It even happens when closing the openplotter screen? You mean the same one that has the serial tab? I thought that this was seperate from any running processes.
As far as the power management, I don't think that would be a problem if that are the only things on your system. I have two rtl-sdr dongles, a zwave dongle, and I power a sense hat and a USB hub. But, I do power these with two separate power sources.

I just read some differences between the boot-up init.d and systemd on https://www.tecmint.com/systemd-replaces-init-in-linux/
Maybe this would be something to look at, maybe there is something wrong with the boot process and these would be the places I would look at, although my linux knowledge is not advanced, but good enough I suppose.

I usually do regular SD backups, before upgrading or installing new software which brings me to the next question.
Did you upgrade or install something new before getting this new problem?

My problem was that I upgrade pypilot, which now seems to be linked more to openplotter 2 development.
What I did a while back when I had a partially working openplotter running, I installed a clean install on a new sd card. But, because I didn't want to re-do all the other software packages, I just copied the code that I knew worked in the clean install and pasted them over the parts of the "corrupted" installation.

Might help when you reach the limits of problem solving... Tongue 
Also, when you need openplotter 1.2 I can help you with that. It cannot be downloaded anymore from sailoog, you need to start from 0.8.0 and then manually upgrade.

Messages In This Thread
RE: pypilot disconnected at startup - Steps toward troubleshooting? - by jamos.tan@gmail.com - 2020-03-25, 08:55 PM