This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SignalK - InfluxDB - Grafana - how to display customized units
I understand that units used in SignalK are standardized, which means e.g. temperature is in Kelvin.

My brain however just works in Celsius and I have therefore set in the OP diagnose SiglakK the privat units from K>C. Converted values are sent correctly in NMEA strings to Ocpn.

I now would like to store historic values in InfluxDB and display them with Grafana - which was recommended by some other users. Have managed to configure the grafana dashboard but struggle to get the units for temperature and pressure converted to my preferred units. 

Do I miss some setting in either of the tools?
Has anyone solved this little problem without programming or scripting?
When you go to your grafana query you have to add math (-273).
It should look like:
FROM default environment.cpu.temperature
WHERE SELECT field (value) mean () math (-273)
GROUP BY time ($__interval) fill (null)

(2020-03-28, 04:46 PM)e-sailing Wrote: When you go to your grafana query you have to add math (-273).
It should look like:
FROM default environment.cpu.temperature
WHERE SELECT field (value) mean () math (-273)
GROUP BY time ($__interval) fill (null)

GREAT - thanks a lot e-sailing!!!
got it to work