This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Web App looses SignalK connection
Hi Sean,

Was just wondering, what could be possible reasons that the Pypilot Webapp looses it SignalK connection?
Sometimes it can run for days, sometimes it just doesn't connect to the server.

I don't know how to log or troubleshoot it, do you have some advice?
(It is regardless of browser type or device by the way)

Restarting SignalK server, or restarting the sensors from Pypilot tab in OP doesn't work. Only rebooting the Pi fixes it. And very rarely, it just goes away by itself.
In the browser when pressing F12 going to the console it says:

Source map error: Error: NetworkError when attempting to fetch resource.
Resource URL: http://###.###.#.##:3002/static/jquery.min.js
Source Map URL: jquery.min.map

However it also says this when it's working correctly.

Edit: When this issue is present, in SignalK the Pypilot connection is still online. It's only the web application of Pypilot.
I
Seems we may have similar issues.  Are you connecting via web app to a tiny pilot?
(2020-05-01, 04:17 AM)rastam4n Wrote: I
Seems we may have similar issues.  Are you connecting via web app to a tiny pilot?

Hi, my installation is:

- Raspberry pi
- Arduino UNO

At the moment connected through USB, but are going to try through UART and the txd rxd connections.
However, I suspect that the hardware connection might not be the cause of the signalk connection being lost, but I'm not sure.

I understand from Sean that in the newest version in openplotter 2, he has some kind of "refresh" mechanism integrated in the webapp.
If I'm right, this process seems to check if the connection is still there and will refresh if not.

I also posted this issue on the Github page: https://github.com/pypilot/pypilot/issue...-614696447

Kind regards,

Jamos