This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
static IP on pypilot
Hi

My openplotter is AP and my pypilot runs on a rpZero as client.
I would like the zero to get a static IP when connecting to AP.
would like to state that in dhcpcd.config on the zero, but I can't find it?

would this work?:

Code:
interface wlan9
static ip_address=10.10.10.104/24
At this time the easiest way would be to assign the zero's mac address a static ip in the router. Otherwise, it may be possible in dhcpcd config but this isn't implemented. Normally you don't need to run dhcp with a static ip. static ip, along with ad-hoc wifi sounds like a good feature to add to a future version of tinypilot.
Hi Ola,

Perhaps a late reaction and I hope you were able to figure this out for yourself by now. I have also been looking for a way to do this and I thought it might be useful to give a bit more information on how I solved this so others can use it.

As Sean mentioned the easiest way to get this working is in the router, in this case the Openplotter Rpi. You can do this by modifying etc/dnsmasq.conf on the openplotter by adding dhcp-host=macaddres(tinypilot),fixed IP

Fixed IP should be in the range of the DHCP range that is also in dnsmasq.conf (I believe it is starting at 10.10.10.50)

I have also done other options that you can find in the forum http://forum.openmarine.net/showthread.php?tid=1816 started by svkatielee and give a fixed IP in bootconf.sh it works but is a bit more complex and it needs to be redone after upgrading TP.

Hope this helps you and others.

Rob
I will add static ip support to tinypilot in the future.. eventually but for now I suggest editing /etc/dnsmasq.conf on openplotter