This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apps disappearing over restarts
yes, both instances of opencpn can coexists without problem.

no, there is not way of installing plugins without the plugin installer.
(2022-12-17, 06:15 PM)Sailoog Wrote: yes, both instances of opencpn can coexists without problem.

no, there is not way of installing plugins without the plugin installer.

I installed the FP version and the plugins were there. Would that mean I have to start using the FP one instead of the default? Initially it worked but now when I open it, only the taskbar with the OpenCPN icons show, no chart window opens.
yes, this is why we add the 2 options, you choose the version that contains the plugins you need.
(2022-12-17, 08:57 PM)Sailoog Wrote: yes, this is why we add the 2 options, you choose the version that contains the plugins you need.

I get it. 

The FP install is consistently sort of breaking. The chart window disappears after a restart or closing/reopening the app after installing it. Only the OpenCPN taskbars are visible. Never had the same issue with the default cpn install. Thanks for the help btw.
(2022-12-17, 09:21 PM)jakeyy Wrote:
(2022-12-17, 08:57 PM)Sailoog Wrote: yes, this is why we add the 2 options, you choose the version that contains the plugins you need.

I get it. 

The FP install is consistently sort of breaking. The chart window disappears after a restart or closing/reopening the app after installing it. Only the OpenCPN taskbars are visible. Never had the same issue with the default cpn install. Thanks for the help btw.

Been running flat pack opencpn on a pi4 fine here. Ais & radar, mbtiles.