This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
arduino serial
Ok, really green with these things... just got my rpi and got openplotter up and running on it.

Before this I had connected an arduino to a wind sensor (https://moderndevice.com/product/wind-sensor-rev-p/) and had the windspeed printed to a sevenseg... So I tinkered and copy pasted some lines... Now that information is serialprinted into a nmea0183 sentence...

I can see that Serial K is receiving the sentences and opencpn should be getting it via the serial K server... but the values displayed are not changing, even if the information relayed does. what could be the problem?

as stated above, I'm really green to this stuff so... I apologize in advance for not being aware of the probably obvious answer.

cheers
Roy