This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Motor spins at startup and pypilot plugin not working properly
I'll investigate more too. I did some tests with the latest code sailing and found a few small bugs (just pushed fixes today) but otherwise pypilot is working very well, and the RF remote I made is working well to control it.
(2020-10-23, 09:18 PM)seandepagnier Wrote: I'll investigate more too.   I did some tests with the latest code sailing and found a few small bugs (just pushed fixes today)   but otherwise pypilot is working very well, and the RF remote I made is working well to control it.

I would love to hear more about the RF remote you made. Is this the one using the Arduino? Any chance you will be sharing schematics/code etc?
The code is already in the pypilot git repository under arduino/rfremote

I am trying to figure out how to make it waterproof. The petg enclosure is not flexible enough to press buttons through it so I may try tpu but I don't think it will be completely waterproof.
(2020-10-26, 11:28 PM)seandepagnier Wrote: The code is already in the pypilot git repository under arduino/rfremote

I am trying to figure out how to make it waterproof.  The petg enclosure is not flexible enough to press buttons through it so I may try tpu but I don't think it will be completely waterproof.

3d print a mould for casting silicone?

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_q...icone+mold
Hi,

I play around with capacitive touch sensors. They can detect touches throug the enclosure (if non metal) depending on the thickness.

I´ll investigate this more. The first small touch field I used (with 8 sensors) is very tiny and not very usable.
Other possibility is to use tasters (switches) IP 65 to 69. They are waterproof enough.

Regards

Andreas

ps: Is it besser to link this out this threat and start a new one?
yes, I made a new thread to discuss waterproofing remotes