This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Motor spins at startup and pypilot plugin not working properly
You reassure me and show me that I am not the only one to encounter this display problem!
I followed your post with your detailed explanations, as well as Sean's response.
For your untimely starting of the movements of your engine (which I do not find on my installation) I give you here my settings which work for me:
My gps is recognized in the 'Serial' tab as 'USB0' for which I assigned the alias 'gps', NMEA0183 data. In the second tab of 'Serial', I connected ttyOP_gps to SignalK by assigning it the transmission speed (4800Bps).
I followed the same procedure for the anemometer found in 'Serial' as USB1: alias 'wind', data NMEA0183, then in connection ttyOP_vent to SignalK in 4800Bps.
Remain AMA0 auqUel I gave the alias 'pilote' and that I send in 38400Bps to Pypilot.
In signalK, I go to the tab 'plugin config' and I activate the menu 'CONVERT SIGNALK to NMEA0183' by checking the values that interest me: (APB, GGA, GLL, HDG, HDM, MTA, MWV, RMC , VWR, VWT, XDR)
Then in Opencpn, I established 2 network connections:
one incoming and listening to localhost: 10110 (powered by signalk)
the other incoming and outgoing assigned to localhost: 20220 to communicate with pypilot.
In summary, my sensors are sent to signalK which redirects them to Opencpn which retransmits them to pypilot.
I am not sure that this is the optimal method, but at home, it works and when Opencpn is open, I have access to all the pypilot modes (compass, apparent wind, real wind and gps).
Try these settings and tell me if the problem is resolved.
Thank you for the link you offer in your post (McNugget). It is well documented and we learn a lot there and despite my hours of research on the web, I had not found it !!! Long live the forums !!
There remains the problem of displaying the adjustment parameters in the pypilot-Opencpn plugin: I have not yet found, but do not despair, because our case should not be isolated.
cordially

Kinefou

Messages In This Thread
RE: Motor spins at startup and pypilot plugin not working properly - by kinefou - 2020-04-20, 09:10 AM