This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Motor spins at startup and pypilot plugin not working properly
Thanks kinefu for your tips, I tried but no change in behavior. I think it makes sense, at the end the stream of data between Pypilot, opencpn and Signal K was already working.

I've done some steps forward in understanding the behavior of motor spinning at startup.

1) once I've turned on and off AP, so the system starts to work properly, if I reset the Arduino by pressing its button the motor doesn't start to spin, so it looks that is not the Arduino code that goes in the command mode at startup
2) I realized that if I press the center command on pypilot_control when I have the rudder sensor/potentiometer out of the center the motor start to spin and keeps spinning indefinitely. Is that command trying to center the rudder position? If so it makes sense because being my motor is decoupled from the rudder sensor/potentiometer it can spin indefinitely without centering the rudder.
3) I centered the rudder sensor and I reboot the pi--> the motor doesn't spin at startup
4) I off-centered the rudder sensor and reboot, the pi --> the motor start to spin at startup --> then I center the rudder sensor --> the motor stops !!!

So it looks like that pypilot sends a "center" command to the Arduino when I boot the pi. Does it make sense? Is it a normal behavior?

BTW: the gains in opencpn are still not visible.

Ciao.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Motor spins at startup and pypilot plugin not working properly - by massinia - 2020-04-20, 08:35 PM