This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Motor spins at startup and pypilot plugin not working properly
bravo massilia,
You did not waste your time and it seems that you have found the reason for the problem: I had not thought of that, because, on my assembly, I did not use a rudder sensor, and it is probably for that I have not encountered this malfunction.
I think that in your configuration where pypilot is connected directly to pypilot without going through opencpn it seems normal that the adjustment is made as soon as the 2 services (pypilot and signalK) are active, ie at the start of the pi. In my configuration, nothing happens before I have started Opencpn (which I did not put in automatic start).
But your experience is very useful to me because I will try to put a rudder sensor and your disasters will simplify my task!
For the gains in opencpn, I would look for a bug in the way Buster treats the plugin, because it works without problems on Openplotter 1.2, with the same version of the plugin !!
So wait for returns or software updates!
For my part, I regretted the unavailability of the Voyage Data Recorder (VDR) plugin on Opencpn 5 Buster version and I found a roundabout way to install it by downloading 'libvdr.so' from Cruiserforum and placing it in / usr / lib / opencpn /; I put it as an attachment because I can no longer find the direct link, if that interests you!

bravo massilia,
You did not waste your time and it seems that you have found the reason for the problem: I had not thought of that, because, on my assembly, I did not use a rudder sensor, and it is probably for that I have not encountered this malfunction.
I think that in your configuration where pypilot is connected directly to pypilot without going through opencpn it seems normal that the adjustment is made as soon as the 2 services (pypilot and signalK) are active, ie at the start of the pi. In my configuration, nothing happens before I have started Opencpn (which I did not put in automatic start).
But your experience is very useful to me because I will try to put a rudder sensor and your disasters will simplify my task!
For the gains in opencpn, I would look for a bug in the way Buster treats the plugin, because it works without problems on Openplotter 1.2, with the same version of the plugin !!
So wait for returns or software updates!
For my part, I regretted the unavailability of the Voyage Data Recorder (VDR) plugin on Opencpn 5 Buster version and I found a roundabout way to install it by downloading 'libvdr.so' from Cruiserforum and placing it in / usr / lib / opencpn /; I put it as an attachment because I can no longer find the direct link, if that interests you!
rename the attached file with so extension.
Ciao

Attached Files
.pdf   libvdr_pi.pdf (Size: 651.98 KB / Downloads: 318)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Motor spins at startup and pypilot plugin not working properly - by kinefou - 2020-04-20, 09:28 PM