This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Motor spins at startup and pypilot plugin not working properly
Sincerely doesn't look to me to be normal. The autopilot cannot send a command to center the rudder when I boot the PI without the AP engaged. It is also dangerous I think.

Looking at this other post seems that somebody else experienced the same issue, even if for a short moment.
http://forum.openmarine.net/showthread.p...ght=center

BTW: I've also tried to change the connections in OPENCPN to Pypilot in only output, but it's the same.

Does the pypilot service is supposed to start at PI boot? and is that supposed to send at boot any kind of data to the motor controller?

Sorry if a make stupid questions but as I said I'm really not into programming. 

Thanks in advance

@kinefu: thanks for Voyage Data Recorder (VDR) file, looks interesting, I'll have a try.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Motor spins at startup and pypilot plugin not working properly - by massinia - 2020-04-21, 09:27 PM