This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Motor spins at startup and pypilot plugin not working properly
Hi Massilia,

I understand your concerns and I do not know the answer to your problem, because the engine code is something complicated and I do not understand all the subtleties!
Reading the post on the link you mention, I see that even the creator of the program does not yet have the answer, while he is gifted and knows his program very well!
I know that signalK is launched at the start of the pi as well as pypilot which depends on it. I think that one should not consider "the engagement of the pilot" like a general switch, but that it is advisable to put a switch on the supply of the arduino. By doing this, even if the program sends an order, it will not be interpreted by your engine because its controller will be inactive. All danger is therefore averted. When you decide to go under pilot, you just have to flip the arduino switch and engage the pilot on the software.
A pragmatic way to get around this problem!
I do not know if this solution seems satisfactory to you, but I can hardly offer you better!
Good research, and if you find, I'm interested, pending a possible correction of Sean's code.

cordially

Messages In This Thread
RE: Motor spins at startup and pypilot plugin not working properly - by kinefou - 2020-04-22, 12:13 PM