This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Motor spins at startup and pypilot plugin not working properly
Hi,

the last days I started to build up a pypilot-system.

I use a Raspberry pi3b+ as a chartplotter, running opencpn 5.2.4 on it (not openplotter) with Buster as OS.
I bought a Raspberry Zero for running tinypilot (the beta Image 11.10.2020) on it and connected it with an IMU.
I also decided to start with the modified Motor.ino and an IBT_2 Bridge.

So since yet I got the pypilot on the Zero to run.
I got the Code on the Arduino and I connected the Pi3b+, the Zero and the Arduino together.

In OpenCPN then I installed the pypilotplugin (vers. 0.22.xx).

In the Settings of the Plugin I entered the networkadress of the Zero and in the Settings of OC I set a new TCP Connection to the Zero.

So with this all come together and "speak" together.

I have the same effect, that sometimes I don´t see the gain-settings in the OC-Plugin. Sometimes they are visible, sometimes not. Mostley after I restarted the Plugin and / or I restarted OC then they comes back.  
When they are invisble it´s possible to set the gains over the web gui.
When they are back, the changes made in the webgui are shown, so this way works.

I´ll investigate this deeper (the starter to make the gainseetings invisible) when I have finished my setup.

Regards

Andreas

Messages In This Thread
RE: Motor spins at startup and pypilot plugin not working properly - by Andreas29 - 2020-10-23, 06:12 AM