This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
SDR AIS available in OpenPlotter 2
YEAH, never change an running System!

Today i did an test on board with GPSD.
There must be some kind of algorithm inside this App. Before only with SK the boat was wandering on marinetraffic all the time for 1-20 meters, now it stays where it belong wit only centimeters. Like it.

So this is my tip:

Remove the signal k connection in serial app.
Add connection to gpsd in serial app.
Go to signal k server and add an new connection for GPS with NMEA0183, GPSD, for localhost on port 2947.

SAILOOG: please automate this....

Stay well to you all
Holger
(2020-04-29, 12:39 PM)holgerw Wrote:
(2020-04-29, 11:21 AM)Sailoog Wrote: Then you should send all NMEA 0183 data to Signal K so using the serial app for the gps and the sdr app for the sdr device is the correct way.

Hello Saillog

eventually you could add an Checkbox to the SDR-RTL App (daemon) to log the Stations on the Console?

default: /usr/bin/rtl_ais -d 0 -p 0 -P 10110
logging: /usr/bin/rtl_ais -d 0 -p 0 -P 10110 -n

and if you are working here, the App won´t remember the GSM & PPM Numbers, like your old 1.2 V. did.

Great Work, stay well.

Holger

I am afraid enabling console output is not possible because data would be sed to syslog too creating huge files.

the app should remember the ppm value but not the GSM data. this is intentional because GSM values change with your position.
(2020-04-29, 08:41 PM)holgerw Wrote: YEAH, never change an running System!

There must be some kind of algorithm inside this App. Before only with SK the boat was wandering on marinetraffic all the time for 1-20 meters, now it stays where it belong wit only centimeters. Like it.

So this is my tip:

Go to signal k server and add an new connection for GPS with NMEA0183, GPSD, for localhost on port 2947.

Stay well to you all
Holger

GPSD connections are new in Signal K, we were waiting for it so adding GPSD-SK connections in serial app is in the TODO list.
(2020-04-29, 08:41 PM)holgerw Wrote: YEAH, never change an running System!

So this is my tip:

Stay well to you all
Holger

I doubt very much this had anything to do with the connection setup. If it does I would like to understand how.

If you have the time please try it both ways. If there is a difference logging and sharing the data would be helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I do not think so either. The problem should be with the data from the device and putting GPSD in the middle helps to stabilize data.
Okay, ihr Zweifler - i will set the GPS to direct SignalK Communication again tomorrow, without GPSD. Attached ist the MarineTraffic since yesterday, our 1. May: Day of the working People, yay.
Direct at the Bay there are some 30m high Buildings, so this is also not easy reception for the gps satellites.

[Image: 8eff8ef48ddbbbe0ccb56cca16659d0b.jpg]
(2020-05-01, 11:46 PM)holgerw Wrote: Okay, ihr Zweifler - i will set the GPS to direct SignalK Communication again tomorrow, without GPSD. 
So - today i get these "unknown Messages" from NMEA USB Stick direct via "Serial-OP" again.
For the hopping Coordinates i am not shure, there are high Houses around the Kai, so this is not an real Testbed.
But for now i am switching back to:
Serial USB Device -> USB_gps 
-> Connection to GPSD
-> in SignalK Server add Connection input "NMEA0183" & "NMEA 0183 Source: GPSD" & "Host: localhost Port: 2947"

let me know if i am the onlyone with UBLOX USB 7 Sticks and these unknown Messages.

keep healthy - Holger

Attached Files Image(s)

We are close to finish the SDR-VHF app with new amazing tools...

- Multiple SDR devices simultaneously
- Improved and unified calibration process for all tools
- AIS
- GQRX (listen to all marine band radio voice and more)
- DAB (digital radio reception)
- ADS-B (like AIS but for planes!)
- DVB-T (watch digital TV)

You can use a VHF antenna to get all of this but building a specific antenna for every type will improve reception.

I will try to publish a new beta this weekend Smile
Oh, that sounds exciting!! Will it run a fun cube dongle pro plus?
Looking forward to trying it out Cool
(2020-05-08, 11:34 AM)PaddyB Wrote: Oh, that sounds exciting!!  Will it run a fun cube dongle pro plus?
Looking forward to trying it out Cool

Great news. Looking forward.
-C