This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MPU-9250 not detected
Try removing RTIMULib.ini file and ensure "i2cdetect -y1" is showing 0x68.

Are you sure you have the correct version of rtimulib2 installed?
Answering my own post here so that it might help others. In the end I ordered different IMU (9255), it was detected, and everything works. Two bad IMUs I guess.
Hello with version 2.0 of openplotter and connecting the 9250 IMU to the raspberry has recognized it in PyPilot. Now what I wanted is to be able to take the heading and send it via UDP along with the gps data. The gps data I can send using kplex but I cannot get the data from the IMU. What intermediate step do I need to send it? From SignalK Instrumentalpanel if I can see the data. I just need to know how to get that data and join it with the gps to send via UDP with kplex.
Hi rilova1975,
why do you want to go through kplex, when everything that signalk receives as information is retransmitted on port 10110 to Opencpn. If you have configured your imu to signalk via the 'pypilot' application, you should be able to see your cap comaps in Opencpn.
cdlt
pypilot emits nmea0183 for imu pitch, roll, heading. If this is enough, you can make this an input to signalk or kplex.

The next version of pypilot integrates more directly with signalk node server.
Hi

I'm discouraged it's been several years that I use imu 9250 and it always worked well. I am redoing a plotter with brand new Rasberry pi. I installed 2020-12-16-OpenPlotter-v2-Starting-img.

Pypilot does not detect the mpu9250. I have several (4) new ones in hand, I have tried them all. I2cdetect = 068 .
I reinstalled RTIMULib2. Nothing to do no detection. I put 3.3volt on ad0 for address 69 nothing. i2cdetect: bcm2835 (i2c@7e804000). I am a computer engineer and I spent 2 days trying to solve this enigma.

I installed the RTIMULib2 and I followed the instructions and modified all the configuration files.

RTIMULibCal - using RTIMULib.ini
Settings file RTIMULib.ini loaded
Failed to open SPI bus 0, select 0
No IMU detected
Using fusion algorithm RTQF
No IMU found
However the spi interface is on.

Pierre
Pierre 
(2022-02-06, 11:14 PM)NousVoila Wrote: Hi

I'm discouraged it's been several years that I use imu 9250 and it always worked well. I am redoing a plotter with brand new Rasberry pi. I installed 2020-12-16-OpenPlotter-v2-Starting-img.

Pypilot does not detect the mpu9250. I have several (4) new ones in hand, I have tried them all. I2cdetect = 068 .
I reinstalled RTIMULib2. Nothing to do no detection. I put 3.3volt on ad0 for address 69 nothing. i2cdetect: bcm2835 (i2c@7e804000). I am a computer engineer and I spent 2 days trying to solve this enigma.

I installed the RTIMULib2 and I followed the instructions and modified all the configuration files.

No IMU detected
No IMU found

Pierre
Have you tried installing BBN OS instead of old openplotter?
It’s also free and open source and works on raspberry pi4. 

https://bareboat-necessities.github.io/m...at-os.html
Download BBN Marine OS for raspberry pi 

Video of actual installation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zMjUs2X3qU

I agree... the easiest way is to try a known working image. This will determine if the issue is hardware or software.

Which rtimulib2 did you install? How did you install it? You will need to use my version or it won't work right. There are a bunch of settings in /boot/config.txt that can make it not work.
(2022-02-07, 04:39 AM)mgrouch Wrote:
(2022-02-06, 11:14 PM)NousVoila Wrote: Hi

No IMU detected
No IMU found

Pierre
Have you tried installing BBN OS instead of old openplotter?
It’s also free and open source and works on raspberry pi4. 

Yes and it's the same problem, same result
Pierre 
Can you try a different sensor?

A large percentage of these are bad. One time I ordered 20 and I had to throw them all away and none of them worked. Now I found a better source but it cost $16 per each one, but there are none left: every source is sold out.