This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OP2, OpenCPN, Pypilot plugin loses connection to Tiny Pilot
(2020-05-09, 01:04 AM)seandepagnier Wrote: yes, each pin just needs to be grounded.   For a matrix keypad you need more logic.

https://pypilot.org/wiki/lib/exe/detail....pinout.png

There are a few more pins GP5 and 6 for +- 10 and GP26 for tack.

Thanks Sean, 

I just need some clarification... this pinout map you have provided is that for the PiZero? It does not seem to line up. 
and if so does that mean that pin 18 is GP5 and 22 is GP6? It looks like they are already used.. what am I missing?  

[Image: j8header-zero.png]

or maybe you are using the Raw Broadcom Pinout map? Meaning GPIO 5 and 6 would be pins 29 and 31?
https://pinout.xyz/
(2020-05-06, 12:53 AM)wdee Wrote:
(2020-05-05, 08:25 PM)rastam4n Wrote:
(2020-05-05, 06:17 PM)seandepagnier Wrote: In this case it is a network problem not a pypilot problem.  Maybe the wifi is trying to connect to a different network or?

Thanks Sean

I don't believe so? Openplotter does not lose connection or there is no change in the connection status icon. 
What else may cause this? It is getting so bad now I have had to connect my phone to TP so that I have a way to quickly take control of AP!

FYI
I have a data server kiosk (operating in RPIzero environ) that maintains a tcp connection with openplotter (i think version 1.2 ???) from which it requests various signalK data every second for display.

Over time (days typically), the connection eventually corrupts and disconnects and the data server cant reach OP.
Only able to be reconnected after reboot of OP.

The kiosk also has a management tcp port that stays accessible to the best of my recollection; but i would have to recheck this when the disturbance occurs.  This is why I blame the disconnect on OP.  

Was really hoping this was going to go away when I installed new version of OP!

Any anomolies in OP error logs?

wdee

I switched OP2 to be the AP and TP the client couple of days ago, I tested it for stability on land for 24 hours and then went out for 5 hours yesterday. It was very stable and never lost connection once! I am still going to make a wired remote but I am very happy with how I have it set up atm... only thing is there is no web app control if OP2 goes down for any reason.
Found this while looking around for pinout maps that align with the one Sean posted... I'm confused why there are different ones but this one seems to align well...
https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/usage/gpio/

so based on this GP 5 and 6 are pins 29 and 31? Can anyone confirm this?
Hi Sean.
So I did a test run on gpio 5 and 6 and I used pin 39 for ground, but I was unable to adjust heading. Is there anything else I need to do aside from grounding the pins?

Thanks
Pete
it is pins 29 and 31. It is BCM 5 and BCM 6

Be careful grounding the pins because if they are driving high it can cause a short, I use a resistor of 1-2k.