This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TV remote on OpenPlotter
Hello,

I managed to install lirc on Debian Buster and make it recognize my TV remote control using irrecord.
I can make it execute linux command lines by defining them in .irrexec.
Has anyone managed to send IR orders to pypilot on OpenPlotter, as it is quite possible to do on tinypilot?
the tinypilot .lircrc file is made as follows for example for the left button:

begin
    button = KEY_LEFT

prog = pypilot

config = left

end

but this does not work in OpenPlotter
Thanks to the one who will have a lead

cordially
sorry to hyjack.... I use tinypilot and have a remote I would like to use for changing heading. Based on the code you posted it seems like you can teach Tiny Pilot a remote code? Can you point me in the direction where I could learn to do that?
Hello rastam4n,

Follow this link:

http://pypilot.org/wiki/doku.php?id=programming_remotes
cordialy
It's possible but this method is agonizing. In the future there will be an option to run the IR sensor to a separate microprocessor and this supports programming remotes from the web.
(2020-05-03, 04:49 AM)seandepagnier Wrote: It's possible but this method is agonizing.  In the future there will be an option to run the IR sensor to a separate microprocessor and this supports programming remotes from the web.

Thank you Sean for your answer, so I will wait and wait for the evolution of your magnificent project

cordially