This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
screen resolution problem
Hello, I have a fullHD hdmi 1920x1080 installed on a rpi4.
this screen resolution works perfectly, but at every reboot it is replaced with a lower 1280 x 720.
No changes also if, from the settings panel, I push on or off the button "headless monitor". Every time I reboot or repower the rpi, the resolution is always the lower.
Running raspi-config I correctly see "Mode 82 1920x1080" settings.
The /boot/config.txt shows:

Code:
# uncomment if hdmi display is not detected and composite is being output
hdmi_force_hotplug=1

# uncomment to force a specific HDMI mode (this will force VGA)
hdmi_group=2
hdmi_mode=82
but also commenting the 3 lines the result is the same.

A fresh genuine rpi installation recognizes itself the screen resolution and don't loose it.

Any idea?
Thank you.
leave only the hotplug active, the other 2 set the resolution to VGA (as they say)

or put all you working config for HDMI after these lines.
The last settin gs in config.conf will win!

this should bring you forward. happy boating.

Holger