This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
AvNav implementation in OP2
Smal hint:
There are some corrections in the ocharts support for AvNav - just refer to the releases at https://www.wellenvogel.net/software/avn...n#Releases
AvNav 20201105 Released
ChangeLog
-Feature: Power saving button (android and BonjourBrowser) #69
-Feature: Implement course vectors (depending on speed) for boat and AIS #59, see Navigation Page (some new Settings)
-Feature: Allow to set AIS symbol size and Border #58
-Feature: Allow to set Images for different AIS targets, own boat, marker #53, see Description
-Feature: Show overflow button if more then 8 Buttons on a page, allow for 2 button columns #68, see Navigation Page
-Feature: Setting to force back button on top
-Feature: Remove package dependency to gpsd
-Feature: Allow plugins (widgets) to have event handlers at their objects and to communicate with the python part #75, see Plugin Description and User Java Script
-Feature: Usage of SignalK charts #76, see SignalK Charts
-Bug: Avoid n2k not working any more after long time
-Bug: Unexpected go back from various pages when clicking (itemlist clicking)
-Bug: Correctly go to previous waypoint when deleting last in route
-Bug: Become robust against empty values in DPT,DBT #60
-Bug: Correctly handle filters in avnav_server.xml with blacklist only
-Bug: Become more robust against shortened AIS type 5 message ( no callsign, name,... for some AIS targets)
-Bug: Reload a chart in the Browser if it has been modified on server (mbtiles, ocharts)
-Bug: (Android only) accept unknown NMEA talker ids
-Bug: Make center to Ais target working again #74
-Bug: Correctly show anchor watch distance in m #62
-Bug: Fix broken user app dialog for long urls #66
-Bug: Change handling for mbtiles scheme #63, see Description Charts

Also AvNav-OCharts-Provider 20201105
Changelog
-Improved memory handling. The Xvfb will be restarted if it reaches 120MB
-Faster start up. The chart information will be kept in a cache file. So reading the charts is only necessary if some charts have changed.
-Removed memory leak within the used OpenCPN plugin (workaround) - so the memory usage of Xvfb will not increase that much any more.

Those who already had AvNav installed can use
Code:
sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade
Who has not yet, can install AvNav stack with openplotter-avnav
https://forum.openmarine.net/showthread....0#pid14280
can the port for AvNav be changed ? Currently :8080 conflicts with SDR ADS-B sample SkyAware.
(2020-11-10, 11:09 AM)SkipperEarly Wrote: can the port for AvNav be changed ? Currently :8080 conflicts with SDR ADS-B sample SkyAware.

For AvNav itself it can easily be changed in avnav_server.xml (in /home/pi/avnav/data). See Documentation - search for AVNHttpServer.
There are only 2 problems:
1. the Link in the AvNav OpenPlotter app will not work any more (/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openplotterAvnav/openPlotterAvnav.py)
2. the avahi service will point to a wrong port (/etc/avahi/services/avnav-avahi.service).

Maybe we can ask Martin to make this configurable in the AvNav-Openplotter app.
Thanks @wellenvogel. Do I understanding you correctly? I could change in the 3 places pointed out by you the :8080 to e.g. 8081 and all would work (until the next update maybe)
Yes, it should...
Did not test this until now - but it should be easy to check.
After you changed avnav_server.xml you need to restart AvNav.
worked fine replacing 8080 with 8081 with
$ sudo nano /home/pi/avnav/data/avnav_server.xml
$ sudo nano /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openplotterAvnav/openplotterAvnav.py
$ sudo nano /etc/avahi/services/avnav-avahi.service

be careful to get the spelling (caps!) corresponding to actual installation.

Thanks for help!
Good to know.
Thanks for reporting the result.
Quote:Maybe we can ask Martin to make this configurable in the AvNav-Openplotter app.
seems that @e-sailing: has heard you. In any case, in his git, the subject is covered with the ports. I have the package accordingly. You can test
https://www.free-x.de/debpreview/pool/ma...ta_all.deb
Many thanks to @e-sailing:
I've recently discovered AvNav and been playing with it on a RPi 4 with openplotter at home.

I have an RPi 3 in the garage that is receiving AIS and and a GPS position. I have set these inputs up in signalK (no openplotter on this Pi) and can see all the data just fine. I can see the data in signalK 's webapps on the Pi4 in the house. But I can't see the any data at all on AvNav.

What do I have to do to have OpenPLotter route the data to AvNav?

Can I configure an SignalK input in openplotter?
If not how do I configure SignalK (the one receiving the data) to output NMEA0183 as say a UDP stream?

I can't get my head around creating an NMEA0183 output in signalK.

Any suggestions appreciated.