This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Found a great touchscreen monitor for OP
Good luck and have fun with the new-to-you display.

I never got the touchscreen-multitouch to work using twofing, so for example emulating a right mouse click doesn't work without that.

At this time I am not putting this display on my boat. I was hoping to put it up against the bulkhead. The only place available is right next to a compass. The metal in the display introduces a compass error of about 15 degrees.

Either way, it's a great display with lots of good features.
Thanks for your help!
(2020-03-26, 03:43 AM)beercansailor Wrote: Good luck and have fun with the new-to-you display.

I never got the touchscreen-multitouch to work using twofing, so for example emulating a right mouse click doesn't work without that.

At this time I am not putting this display on my boat. I was hoping to put it up against the bulkhead. The only place available is right next to a compass. The metal in the display introduces a compass error of about 15 degrees.

I wonder if you were able to fill the entire screen area, I have a black space around the outside perimeter (maybe 1/2" )... as if its not scaled correctly or fully... did you encounter this as well? Where you able to fix it?
Also, the touch seems to be off near the edge of the display, wonder if this is because of the scaling issue, but if its not possible to fix the scaling I wonder if there is a way to calibrate the touch screen to align?
Be careful if you plug in some HDMI screen and use the 12V Powersources on your Ship. I fried some of my PI`s hdmi with smoke, one continies to work after but only with VNC.

Must be some kind of the grounding, so be warned. better check for voltages with yor multimeter before plugging in.

YMO: Holger
(2020-04-29, 06:33 PM)rastam4n Wrote:
(2020-03-26, 03:43 AM)beercansailor Wrote: Good luck and have fun with the new-to-you display.

I wonder if you were able to fill the entire screen area, I have a black space around the outside perimeter (maybe 1/2" )... as if its not scaled correctly or fully... did you encounter this as well? Where you able to fix it?
Also, the touch seems to be off near the edge of the display, wonder if this is because of the scaling issue, but if its not possible to fix the scaling I wonder if there is a way to calibrate the touch screen to align?

In the RPI configuration you can set the screen resolution. If I select it to 1024x768, the natural resolution of the iKey KV-12.1 screen, there's no black border. Some other resolutions do show a black border.

Indeed, the touch screen appears to be off a bit at the screen borders.

I found a fitting power plug for the iKey KV-12.1 monitor in my stash of components, which actually still has a label.

Brand: Philmore
Type: Coaxial Power Plug No. 206
http://www.philmore-datak.com/mc/Page%2064.pdf