This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where's Node-Red in OP2
Hi,

I've just installed OP2 and want to set it up to work in the same way as my OP1 install. I use Node-Red a lot and always accessed it through a browser on port 1880. In OP2 there's no response on port 1880 and I can't find anything about Node-Red in the OP2 menus or in the documentation.

How do I access Node-Red in OP2?

Sorry for what is probably a very stupid question!

Thanks,

Jon
(2020-05-14, 10:13 AM)dorsetjon Wrote: Hi,

I've just installed OP2 and want to set it up to work in the same way as my OP1 install. I use Node-Red a lot and always accessed it through a browser on port 1880. In OP2 there's no response on port 1880 and I can't find anything about Node-Red in the OP2 menus or in the documentation.

How do I access Node-Red in OP2?

Sorry for what is probably a very stupid question!

Thanks,

Jon

Ciao, I'm not a technician, but if you open "help" and open "update", you should follow all the instructions. When you have installed all the "apps" you need in OP ", in SihnaK there is also Node-Red already installed and configured! I don't know if I have been exhaustive enough, still good job! 

file:///usr/share/openplotter-doc/gettin...ating.htmlSmile
You can reach nodered from SignalK (Port 3000).
Thanks for the replies but I still can't find it.

I've updated the apps and think everything is installed that should be installed. But I can't see any option for Node-Red. In all previous versions it has been installed as part of OP. I assumed that was the case with OP2 - if it's not then I can't see how to install it.

I have accessed SignalK on port 3000 from my browser and looked through all the menus but can't find Node-Red anywhere.

Jon
(2020-05-14, 10:52 AM)dorsetjon Wrote: Thanks for the replies but I still can't find it.

I've updated the apps and think everything is installed that should be installed. But I can't see any option for Node-Red. In all previous versions it has been installed as part of OP. I assumed that was the case with OP2 - if it's not then I can't see how to install it.

I have accessed SignalK on port 3000 from my browser and looked through all the menus but can't find Node-Red anywhere.

Jon

After logging into signalK, open webapps and find them "Node-Red", open it and play! I still have to understand how it works, but I have time to learn! 
 You can also find it by opening "Dashboard" and clicking on "view"!Big Grin
Thanks. I've gone to webapps but there's no link to node-red - see attached screenshot. Do I need to install or enable something?

Attached Files Image(s)

(2020-05-14, 11:37 AM)dorsetjon Wrote: Thanks. I've gone to webapps but there's no link to node-red - see attached screenshot. Do I need to install or enable something?

Install from the appstore/available page. Click the little cloud icon on the right hand side, wait a little while then restart signalk (top right) It should then be in the web apps page. 

[Image: xW3CMfP.png]
Thank you, I've installed it and got to the Node-Red screen. Many thanks for your help.
My problem goes further: I installed the webapp, startet it, but got an error message in a new browser: Cannot GET /redAdmin

Signal K dashboard shows an error in connection/plugin status:
@signalk/signalk-node-red       Failed to start: Cannot find module 'moment'

I installed grafana and that is on port 3000. Maybe this interferes somehow. But nodered does not start even if grafana server does not run.

Can anybody please give me a hint.

Thank you all in advance

Oliver
change grafana port to 3001