This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pb with MPU9250
Good morning all,

My implementing of pypilot is well advanced on openplotter 2.0, but I still have a problem with my MPU9250  connected in I2C. It clearly tells me the yaw, roll and pitch as expected, but as soon as the engine starts to correct the course, these three values panic and tell me anything. Having 3 modules of this type, I tried them one after the other, but for the 3, I encounter the same problem !!!
My only way to return to normal operation is to replace it with an MPU6050, which remains stable, while reacting less quickly.
I cannot realize how starting the engine (3m away from the sensor) can affect the MPU9250 !?
Parasites, magnetic field, power failure ??
Perhaps a faillure of my 3 Mpu9250?
Has anyone encountered the same problems?
Thank you for your answers or suggestions.

Kinefou
by engine do you mean the electric motor moving the rudder?

electric motors produce magnetic fields and you should keep them well away, but 3 meters should be plenty.
Thank you Sean for your suggestion. the engine is actually the one that must move the bar and that I replaced with a small meccano engine for testing: maybe it is not isolated enough. Otherwise, I feed it with a PC power supply which is fairly close to the sensor; I will try again by feeding everything on a battery and keeping the engine well away from the mpu.
cordially