This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TinyPilot disc image not working as expected
So finally managed to get my hands on a Pi Zero W V1.1.

I found the disk image: tinypilot_21122019.img

And put it on an SD card and the Pi boots but even after 4-5 minutes - I don't see the  Wireless network I expect to see. I do get a number of errors on the screen which I attached to the HMDI port:

"can't insert /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tinypilot/modules/v7_modules/rc-core.ko - invalid module format"

Same error fo lirc_dev.ko, lirc_rpi.ko

Also:

ifconfig SIOCGIFFLAGS: No such device
fc-cache: error while loading shared libraries: libharfbuzz.so.0: cannot open shared object file: no such file or directory

Besides that, the Pi gets unbelievably HOT (you would burn your fingers on it)

Is my Pi just broken or is there something else going on?
That image should boot by default and make "pypilot" access point if there is wifi.

It may be that wifi is not working on your board which sometimes happens. Can you plug a usb wifi to the otg port that you know is capable of AP mode? many cheap usb wifi are not. Can you verify if wifi on your pi zero works or not?

Your pi is probably broken. I have broken a few pi's sometimes for unknown reasons.
Thanks Sean - it was the PI. They exchanged it and it now boots. Continuing the project!