This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
motor controller voltage
What is the voltage of the rudder sensor? is it 0 to 5v or 0 to 3.3v. I have a  Hall Effect Angle Sensor Encoder
I assumed that it was 5 volt. I there any way to boost the voltage to 5V?
the motor controller has 3 wires for rudder feedback. 0v, rudder, 5v. I have never run one at 3.3v as the arduino uses 5 volts.
it was a bad hall effect sensor.. when i connected it i was reading 3.4 volts on the power pins and nothing on the output pin. I was just a little confused as the voltage drop put it in the 3.3 volt range and thought i missed something.
thanks. i printed a nice little piece that i epoxied to my pintle and i have just enough room to mount a 15mm sensor to it.
which sensor are you using? I used mlx90316 with success.
i am using this CALT Tiny Size Contactless Hall Effect Angle Sensor Encoder 360 3mm Shaft 15mm Outer Dia. it needs 5V and outputs 0 to 5v. I have a very small space to fit this. I might be able to go as large as 18 mm but that would be tight. Due to the dud i will have 2 so possible wind direction sensor.
This sounds like it works, but how much current does it need at 5v?

(2020-06-06, 04:45 PM)seandepagnier Wrote: This sounds like it works, but how much current does it need at 5v?

About 16mA
There is a limit of 62mA at 5v to prevent any damage if you short the 0 and 5v wire from the controller since 22mA needed by the controller, 16mA is still ok, but 40mA would not be.