This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GPSD data to signal k [solved]
I have a GNSS/GPS reciever that is working perfectly in opencpn.
It is connected with GPSD-protocol and port 2947.

How can i get that data to signal k so i can access it in the dashboards?
(2020-06-06, 12:33 AM)pabben Wrote: I have a GNSS/GPS reciever that is working perfectly in opencpn.

just make an new connection in SignalK Server:    

the new server dont like my screenshot: 
so "new connection"
enabled true
id gpsd
nmea source GPSD 
Host localhost
Port 2947
sentence event (empty)
validate checksum true
remove NULL no

thats all.
holger
Fantastic! Thank you very much!
I tried the same settings but i named "ID" to "GNSS".  Changed it to "gpsd" and restarted signal K-server did the trick! Big Grin
Remove your gpsd connetion in opencpn. Data will be sent through tcp loaclhost 10110 to opencpn.

there is something weird with attached images after migration, they will appear at the end of the page when you click them. investiganting...
PLEASE HELP!I have the same issue.But do not see GPSD as NMEA source on my OP2 please help. Do i need to install some plugin or so? Viktor
(2020-06-06, 08:26 PM)holgerw Wrote:
(2020-06-06, 12:33 AM)pabben Wrote: I have a GNSS/GPS reciever that is working perfectly in opencpn.

just make an new connection in SignalK Server:

the new server dont like my screenshot: 
so "new connection"
enabled true
id gpsd
nmea source GPSD 
Host localhost
Port 2947
sentence event (empty)
validate checksum true
remove NULL no

thats all.
holger
hi partyvi

gpsd speaks only NMEA 0183 NOT NMEA 2000.

how