This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] Raspbian bug kills Moitessier HAT systems after upgrading to kernel 4.19.118
I have successfully tested both versions (1 & 2) in my tests!
The best thing to do is stay with the 2nd version.
And very important
copy the file by hand after calling the script and the error:
sudo cp moitessier / dtbo / i2c-gpio_bug_fix_4.19.118.dtbo /boot/overlays/i2c-gpio.dtbo

you can also find it here:

https://forum.openmarine.net/showthread....0#pid14580

I am not (yet) writing a how to. We are waiting for the current driver version for the new kernel ...
If there is still need then I write something ...
Moitessier HAT package for kernel 5.4.51 is available. You can download and install this package from openplotter Moitessier HAT app or from rooco.eu server.

The bug in kernel 4.19.118 affecting the Moitessier HAT has been fixed in kernel 5.4.51 so this thread is marked as SOLVED. Thanks for your help and patience.
It appears the rooco.eu/download site shows Err 404 when attempting downloading 5.4.51 - is the server down?
I had the same problem downloading. I was able to download to my Linux desktop (size was right), however, when I try to install the .deb file it says it's not debian.
There is a small problem/mix-up on the rooco page: the deb package (version 5.4.51) file (955 bytes, should be around 150K) is the same as the checksum file (955 bytes) except for the name . . .

Also strange, working on the RPi4, I could not download the files with Chrome but could download them with Firefox
We just fixed the problem on the get.rooco.eu website.

Due to the fact, that the newest kernel received a new tag (1.20200723-1) but the version number stayed the same as the previous (5.4.51) puzzled our system, unfortunately.
I do not know if there is a relation or if I made another kind of mistake (I am null in Raspbian/Linux) but when I ran sudo dpkg -i moitessier_1.20200723-1_5.4.51_2.1.0_armhf.deb in the terminal, the update ran until it stopped at a point of not finding a GPIO (pin?) (important note: the Moitessier Hat was NOT connected/mounted on the RPi).  Running a system check, the system hung at the Moitessier Hat section. Restarting the RPi was not possible, nor from the USB SSD nor from a SD card. PiEEPROM recovery, new NOOBS, new image (both Raspbian and Openplotter), . . .  nothing works anymore. I succeeded in bricking my RPi 4.
(2020-07-25, 03:09 PM)Sailabout Wrote: I do not know if there is a relation or if I made another kind of mistake (I am null in Raspbian/Linux) but when I ran sudo dpkg -i moitessier_1.20200723-1_5.4.51_2.1.0_armhf.deb in the terminal, the update ran until it stopped at a point of not finding a GPIO (pin?) (important note: the Moitessier Hat was NOT connected/mounted on the RPi).  Running a system check, the system hung at the Moitessier Hat section. Restarting the RPi was not possible, nor from the USB SSD nor from a SD card. PiEEPROM recovery, new NOOBS, new image (both Raspbian and Openplotter), . . .  nothing works anymore. I succeeded in bricking my RPi 4.

Tested with HAT not attached and it works as expected. The package will be installed, but the firmware update will of course exit with an error. However, the system remains stable.

Regards
Thomas
Just a quick question: Should all firmware updates still be compatible with the original, 1st generation Moitessier? I can't get installed on my backup system (which has a ver. 1 HAT)
(2020-08-03, 02:05 PM)fishy Wrote: Just a quick question: Should all firmware updates still be compatible with the original, 1st generation Moitessier? I can't get installed on my backup system (which has a ver. 1 HAT)

Yes I’m using the latest kernel with a Mhat v1