This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RPI 4 + StromPi + BatteryHAT + MoitessierHAT 2
Hi all.

I'm new to this forum and I have a problem I can't figure out.
I have a setup with an RPI 4 4G, StromPi V3 HAT, Strompi BatteryHAT and MoitessierHAT 2.
When I use the Openplotter image on the SD-card and try to run the script and GUI for the StromPi HAT, nothing works. Settings don't change, GUI doesn't start.

I've tried to take te Raspian Buster image that you can download from the strompi website, which has everything pre-installed neccesary for the strompi and I've installed OpenPlotter on top of that following the 'Advanced' manual on the Sailoog website.
This works fine, until I install the MoitessierHAT package. When I try to reboot after installing the MoitessierHAT package, the Pi doesn't boot anymore.

Does anyone have experience with this setup?

Sebastiaan
Never tested an Strompi HAT. does it works with the OpenPlotter image including moitessier app but whitout connecting th moitessier hat?

Your second error could be related to this: https://forum.openmarine.net/showthread.php?tid=2633
(2020-06-16, 06:17 PM)Sailoog Wrote: Never tested an Strompi HAT. does it works with the OpenPlotter image including moitessier app but whitout connecting th moitessier hat?

Your second error could be related to this: https://forum.openmarine.net/showthread.php?tid=2633

Thank you so much for your answer!

Whether the Moitessier Hat was connected or not didn't make any difference.

We followed the instructions we found in the thread you mentioned:

Installation process – Scenario 1
  1. Turn off the Pi and unplug the power supply

2. Remove the SD card from the Pi

3. Insert the SD card into a PC/laptop

4. Open file /boot/config.txt

5. Delete line “dtoverlay=i2c-gpio…” and save file

6. Remove the SD card from the PC/Laptop

7. Insert the SD card into the Pi

8. Turn on the Pi and boot

9. Download the latest Moitessier package

10. Install the Moitessier package
    Be aware that the post-installation process will fail, that is okay for now.

11. Install the bug fix: sudo moitessier/scripts/bug_fix_kernel_4.19.118 moitessier/dtbo/i2c-gpio_bug_fix_4.19.118.dtbo
    Be aware that the script will fail with an apt-get update error, as the system will try to automatically reinstall the broken Moitessier package. The bug fix will also update/upgrade your system.

12. Reboot the Pi

13. Install the bug fix again, now the system update and the moitessier installation will succeed: sudo moitessier/scripts/bug_fix_kernel_4.19.118 moitessier/dtbo/i2c-gpio_bug_fix_4.19.118.dtbo
    Up until point 8 this worked and the Pi was then able to boot again.. yay!However updating the Moitessier package results in this line of code being replaced and then the Pi would not reboot until we repeated the first steps and deleted the code again.Then we tried the bug fix without updating the Moitessier Hat and the command is not recognised.Does anyone have any suggestions as to what is causing this?
Hello, did step 13 really work?
(2020-07-05, 11:55 AM)nebosa Wrote: Hello, did step 13 really work?

Hi, no. At the and of our post we’ve explained that it didn’t work
thats how it works:
https://forum.openmarine.net/showthread....0#pid14580

I got it going like this.
If you copy the file manually, the driver is also available in the HAT config menu after the reboot and can also be installed from there.
Sailoog thinks it is also possible with the script, but unfortunately not for everyone Sad
It works with me.
I also boot from SSD with the new bootloader which is now stable.

sorry new link:
https://forum.openmarine.net/showthread....0#pid14580