This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
problems with O-Chart Plugin

O-Charts Plugin is not in the list. Sad
did you find "ubuntu-armhf:18.04"? it is there for sure, scroll down.
sorry for my delay. I found ubuntu-armhf:18.04. I couldn't scroll down the list to this entry. But now I found the entry. Phew!!!

after i updated the catalog, now the O-Charts Plugin 1.0.34.0 is listed in the list of plugins. As soon as I enable it, there are some opencpn program crashes.

However, the O-charts tab is not visible in the nautical chart menu. I cannot install nautical charts from o-charts.org. Is there an explanation for this?

Please write to o-charts with your problem. There are more cases like yours and it would be better to centralize this issue there.
Thank you for your Help. I will write a Email to O-Chart.
I received the following instructions by email from O-Charts,

the plugin can be reinstalled according to the instructions and the map could be loaded again from the server. Thanks

Hi Uwe,

"Yes, we are working on this issue and we made some changes in the server side. We would need you to try again but removing the changes you made in the expert mode. First of all uninstall the o-charts plugin (options-plugins-o-charts-uninstall). Then select "Default setting" in Compatibility field in the Plugin Catalog Settings window. Finally update the plugin catalogue and install again the o-charts plugin.

Let me know the result or ask for more instructions if you need.

Regards"
OK thanks for reporting here.

To summarize, now after the change in o-charts servers, users with opencpn 5.8.x in Debian 10 buster 32bit should do nothing special to install the o-charts plugin.

For the record, I also work at o-charts Smile