This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hydraulic controller and LS drive unit
Hello,

I have a Raymarine autopilot system I believe from 2003 with S3 course computer and Lecomble & Schmitt hydraulic drive unit (Linear drive ST 40 DE BP 12 v + Power pack RV2 ST 12 V) fitted to a quadrant on First 40.7. Now it looks like that when I managed to blow a fuse while doing rewirings to Seatalk systems, I may have caused permanent damage to the course computer. So I would like to replace it with Tinypilot setup.  It seems that the drive unit cannot be run with pypilot motor controller but would the hydraulic controller work? LS recommends 25A fuse for this power pack on a 12 V system while the hydraulic controller description says up to 20 A.

A link to the LS drive unit manuals:  [Power Packs and Linear Drives for Autopilots : Instruction Manuals, Catalogues - Lecomble & Schmitt](https://www.ls-france.com/en/instruction...atalogues/

EDIT:

In addition, there is a Raymarine rudder position sensor + clutch but I assume neither of these should be an issue

Best, Jani

Messages In This Thread
Hydraulic controller and LS drive unit - by Accablant - 2020-06-21, 09:08 PM