This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hydraulic controller and LS drive unit
[attachment=1133 Wrote:rsairving@hotmail.com pid='16976' dateline='1605178814']Hi
Thanks for getting back. If I apply power directly to the motor I get the full range of motion in the ram, about 25cm

I will try to measure the draw but at the moment it is unladen.. the ram is not attached to anything, so draw should be low

I have not connected rudder feedback.. current set up is just a the clutch , the pi and the controller wired directly to the battery, when I run it like this the ram moves about 5 cm in one direction and will not move again untill I swing the pi back in the other direction, when it moves 5cm the other way.

What limits how far the motor will attempt to turn the rudder.. is it the resistance when it hits the stops or is that a config setting?
Thanks

In the settings or "config" there is a line called servo.max_current, this setting is used as a software end stop. Basically when there is more resistance against the motor it uses more amperage and therefore that is the end stop, pypilot will only allow the motor to turn the other way, if this is too low it may result as you have stated above, try increasing this value and see if that solves your problem.

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hydraulic controller and LS drive unit - by rastam4n - 2020-11-12, 02:47 PM