This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Engine rpm - esp8266 analog port
Trying to get engine rpm via SignalK and an esp8266 running Sigksens. Tried to get an analog signal from the w terminal om my generator, but the numbers I get are all over the place with no real connection to rpm. 
Anyone solved this?
Hi Ranur

I tested it with some magnets upon the axis with an nearly mounted hall-sensor module. When the onboard led blinks reguarly it is near enough, connect the digital out to one of the two digital inputs of the sigksens8266, also enable this port to measure the frequency.

bthw, there must be an way to test wether the propeller runs clockwise or CCW. Three Magnets with different distances?

good skipping - holger
Have a look at https://github.com/AK-Homberger/NMEA2000...Sender.png. Andreas has a solution to read rpm from the generator.