This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SD-size problem with Noobs
Hi,

I just installed the noobs version on a fresly FAT-formatted 32GB microsd.

Then, when I see the partitions it makes after the first boot, about 30 GB is missing.
I see only 270 MB of space on root, of which about 60 MB used. On the recovery partititon it has about 1,2 GB of space.

I cannot resize the partitions using the old raspi-config because this is the Noobs version.

Do you have any tips to be able to use the entire SD-card?
Hummm, if you had another SD card with Raspibian on it, you could put your mis-sized SD card into a USB holder and plug it into a USB port. Then install gparted (sudo apt install gparted). Using that tool you can check the partition, which will also re-size it.

Sorry, that may be clear as mud...

If you are doing this headless, you can do it from the command line using parted, which will be installed when you install gparted.

Here's a description of the appropriate commands. Look for "resize".

https://www.tecmint.com/parted-command-t...artitions/
(2020-09-22, 05:52 PM)abarrow Wrote: Hummm, if you had another SD card with Raspibian on it, you could put your mis-sized SD card into a USB holder and plug it into a USB port. Then install gparted (sudo apt install gparted). Using that tool you can check the partition, which will also re-size it.

Sorry, that may be clear as mud...

If you are doing this headless, you can do it from the command line using parted, which will be installed when you install gparted.

Here's a description of the appropriate commands. Look for "resize".

https://www.tecmint.com/parted-command-t...artitions/

Thanks! I just happened to have a Raspian-SD-card, and that worked perfectly!
(2020-09-22, 02:30 PM)Thomaskjosnes Wrote: I cannot resize the partitions using the old raspi-config because this is the Noobs version.

Does sudo raspi-config not work? 

Seems to be fine here from a noobs installation.
(2020-09-23, 10:48 AM)PaddyB Wrote:
(2020-09-22, 02:30 PM)Thomaskjosnes Wrote: I cannot resize the partitions using the old raspi-config because this is the Noobs version.

Does sudo raspi-config not work? 

Seems to be fine here from a noobs installation.

I think i used sudo. Raspi-config works. It just wouldn't resize in noobs. The size should already be the entire SD (except the recovery partiiton). It tells me that resize should not be necessary in noobs anyway.